Communities across the Midwest are coming together to protect our water and stop climate catastrophe. From April 14th to the 30th, the Enbridge Tar Sands Resistance Tour is traveling from Michigan to Minnesota to build the resistance across the Midwest. At each stop we’ll hear from community leaders about the threat Enbridge and tar sands poses to our communities, and we’ll strategize and make action plans for how to stop it.
At the end of the tour, with thousands of new people engaged, we will all come together in Minneapolis for a mass action against the Alberta Clipper pipeline which has already illegally started transporting tar sands, and must be stopped!
Find a tour stop near you and join the resistance!
- Hear stories from First Nations women fighting tar sands in Canada
- Learn more about tar sands climate impacts
- Hear from local voices who are fighting to keep tar sands out of the region & how you can get involved
- Plan & strategize how our communities can work together to build resistance against this dirty & dangerous fuel
- Help build a piece of art that symbolizes the regions resolve in fighting for a clean energy future
Here’s a list of all the stops:
- April 14th Detroit, MI
- April 15th Lansing, MI
- April 16th Harbor Springs/Petoskey, MI
- April 17th Chicago, IL
- April 18th Hammond, IN; Chicago, IL (UIC stop)
- April 20th Whitewater, WI
- April 21st Madison, WI
- April 22nd Stevens Point, WI
- April 23rd Superior, WI
- April 24th Duluth, MN
- April 26th Grand Rapids, MN
- April 27th Bemidji, MN
- April 28th Grand Forks, ND
- April 29th Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
The Enbridge Tar Sands Resistance Tour is supported by Honor The Earth, Indigenous Environmental Network, MN350, Sierra Club, Energy Action Coalition, MICATS and allies.